As my love for fall has no borders, it includes also food ! The arrival of fall matches the return of sweet and warming dishes that prepare us gently to winter. Today I share with you two of my favourite dishes of the season.
Ultra-warming pumpkin soup
For 2 big bowls you will need
- 750 gr. Pumpkin
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onion
- Olive oil
- Yellow curry (in powder)
- Salt, pepper
1. Peel the pumpkin and the potatoes and cut them in cubes
2. Peel and chop the onion
3. Pour a dash of olive oil in a pot where you put the onions
4. Add the pumpkin and the potatoes and stir them
5. Add 20 ml of water, cover and let it simmer for 15 minutes
6. When it is cooked, blend it and add a teaspoon of curry. Curry madras is the one I use usually because it is quite strong and it gives a real boost to your soup!
7. Add salt and pepper at your convenience
8. Enjoy !
Mini Apple Pie
Dedicated to a sweet gourmand break !
You will need :
- 3 apples
- A shortcrust pastry, 20cm diameter
1. Preheat the oven 200 degrees (celsius)
2. Put the pastry in mould with a corresponding size. Prick the crust with a fork, without forgetting the sides.
3. Peel and cut the apples in slices
4. Place them in circle on the crust until you can’t see the crust anymore.
5. Sprinkle the apples with cinnamon and eventually with vanilla sugar if you have acid apples
6. Plunge for 30 minutes
7. Enjoy !! Warning: there won’t be enough for everyone…
And you ? What are you favourite dish in autumn ?